Friday, March 12, 2010

Stand up, or sit, and be counted

Many of you have probably received the "pre-Census" letter last week. While I feel that letter was a waste of money, I do believe the Census itself is very important and that every person, no matter how small, needs to be counted. I encourage all of you be sure and fill out your Census when you get it and mail it back. The information received by the Census Bureau is shared with other government agencies and is used to determine how federal funds are distributed. The funds are used to provide funding for health and education among other services in the community. With the poor economy right now, it is vital that our communities get every penny that they should be getting, to ensure that the necessary programs are able to stay in place. So when the real Census arrives, take some time and sit down to fill it out. Now, I will get off my soapbox. Have a great day.

No comments:

Post a Comment