This is part of a sponsored campaign I am participating in. I have received free product and will receive payment for my participation.
Back in May, I posted about lactose-interolance and shared some information about Lactaid. As you may know,
Melissa d'Arabian, official Lactaid spokesperson, was recently on The Today Show and shared a great recipe for Chicken in a Creamy Mushroom Sauce. I also want to share a recipe I created using Chocolate Milk Lactaid, for Banana Split French Toast (pictures to come soon). Of course, if you do not need to cook lactose-free, you could easily sub in traditional milk in either recipe.
Banana Split French Toast- 6 thick slices of bread
- 2 eggs, or equivalent of egg substitute
- 2/3 cup Chocolate Milk Lactaid
- oil for greasing pan
- Mini Chocolate Chips (if you can tolerate), sliced strawberries, powdered sugar and sliced bananas for topping
1) Whisk together the Chocolate Milk Lactaid and the eggs.
2) Lightly grease a skillet or griddle and heat over medium-high. To avoid sticking, make sure your pan is really hot before placing the bread on it.
3) Dunk each slice of bread into Lactaid/egg mixture, letting mixture soak into both sides of the bread.
4) Place each slice in pan and cook on both sides, until they are both golden.
5) Sprinkle with mini chocolate chips (put these on right away so they melt and get gooey), sliced strawberries and bananas, and then dust with powdered sugar. You can also add a dollop of vanilla yogurt or non-dairy whipped cream and a cherry to round out the "banana split."
For more Lactaid recipes and inspiration, check out the recipe section on the Lactaid website.