Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Try It Tuesday: Scrubbing Bubbles Action Scrubber

Having a clean shower is one thing that has always been important to me. However, I find it to be one of the moer energy-consuming chores. When I had the opportunity to try the Scrubbing Bubbles Action Scrubber, I was thrilled since it implies it will make cleaning my shower easier. I cannot say I love it, but I can say it helped reduce the amount of "elbow grease" needed.

The Scrubbing Bubbles Action Scrubber comes in a little plastic container that stores the extra cleaning pads and the scrubber's green foam handle, a nice way to keep everything together when not in use. The cleaning pads have the cleanser built right in and just need a bit of water to activate. In the beginning, the pad foamed up nice, but the thick foam only lasted a few moments. There was still enough cleanser to clean my tub though. The handle fit easily into my hand, but for corners and tight spots you need to remove the handle and just use the cleaning pad. After you finish cleaning, you rinse it off, toss the pad in the trash and put the handle in it's plastic storage case until next time.

I like the convenience of this product and I like how it cleaned. Rinsing the cleanser off was fairly easy and the little storage container is neat, but a bit flimsy. My complaint with the Action Scrubber is that it seems like such a waste to keep throwing those pads away. They take up landfill space and cost money to replace. While I enjoy Scrubbing Bubbles cleansers, I will stick to the sponge and separate cleanser until something can be invented that is more environmentally friendly. Of course I do have a great handle now that I could attach a cleaning cloth to and replace my sponge with that.

This is a product that some people will absolutlely love and others, like myself, will not like having to throw away all those cleaning pads. If you do decide to buy it, click here for a $2.75 coupon.

No comments:

Post a Comment