Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Moving

My 10 year wedding anniversary is coming up in November. In those 10 years, my husband and I have moved 11 times, 3 of which occurred in the last 7 months. Fortunately, our most recent move was to our first house and I do not foresee us moving again for quite some time. I absolutely HATE moving and I hate moving with kids even more. The packing (and re-packing what your children unpack), the cleaning, the physical move itself, the changing of address, and setting up new accounts and cancelling old accounts, just tires me right out. That is where the website www.moveme.com comes in. They are a company based in the United Kingdom that offers free assistance in helping set up moving services and has a moving planner that you can set up on their site. I really wish we had one based in the US and that I had known about it during ANY of my 11 moves.

Moveme.com has lots of tips to help you decide which types of services you need. They offer help to those who are looking to buy and/or sell a home, and for those who are renting. If you are not sure if you should rent a van and move yourself or hire professional movers, they can help there too. They also offer a moving checklist and a moving planner, which is basically a calendar with the dates you should do the different things listed in the checklist, but it is personalized based on your move date. For those of you moving to or from the UK, Moveme.com also offers several price quotes for insurance, mortgages, legal services, and other services such as locksmiths, broadband access and so on. You can also receive removal quotes(known in the US as movers)and information on man and van movers. They will also help you to set up your new utility accounts and cancel your old ones. Quotes and the setting up of accounts can be done either completely online or you can call Moveme.com for assistance.

I really like their moving planner and wish I had something similar when we moved. It would have helped me to ensure that I was on schedule and that I got done all the things I needed to do. I also would have loved to have had someone who would set up my new accounts and take care of canceling my old ones. With 4 small children, I do not get the opportunity to make a lot of phone calls during the day. With Moveme.com, I could have entered my information online after the kids went to bed and let them take care of the details. Hopefully, by the time we are ready to move again, Moveme.com will have expanded their services to the US, but if not, I will still be using the information and other tools they offer. If you are in the UK and looking for help with moving or need information on moving companies or if you live elsewhere and want a great moving planner, be sure to check out Moveme.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment