Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Gain Dish Soap Review


We have lived in several places during our 11 year marriage. Some of them had a dishwasher, but many did not. I was very happy when we bought our house in April 2009 and were able to buy a dishwasher as well. With 4 kids, it makes life much easier. However, I also own nice cookware and good knives that I do not wash in the dishwasher. As an avid cook, I use these dishes on a daily basis, so in addition to running the dishwasher daily, I also hand wash my "delicate" dishes daily as well. Maybe it is due to only having to hand wash a few items at a time, but there is something that I also find comforting when hand washing. I think it is the feeling of immersing my hands in the warm, sudsy water and watching the dishes come clean as I wash them. Anyway, I recently had the opportunity to try Gain's new dish soap which now adds a new element to my hand washing, scent. I tried the original version, but it also comes in Lavender, Citrus Splash, and Apple Mango Tango. I found the scent to be pleasant and while it lingered in the air for a little bit, it rinsed off the dishes completely and pretty easily. The soap itself did a decent job of washing the dishes and I would purchase it again. There was one area I found that the soap did not do better than my normal brand. When I get grease or oil on my hands, I always reach for dish soap as I find it generally gets it off better than hand soap. Gain still worked better than hand soap, but it did not match up to the brand I usually use.

You can purchase Gain Dish Soap at Wal-Mart and other retailers. You can also follow Gain on Facebook and on Twitter.

***Disclaimer***
I received this information and a bottle of this product to review from P&G through MyBlogSpark, as well as 3 $5 Wal-Mart gift cards and 3 t-shirts to share. The gift cards and t-shirts were given to families in my area that had a need for them.

No comments:

Post a Comment