Sunday, March 27, 2011

Scripture Sundays, Proverbs 31:15

Well I worked on introducing some new foods to my family over the past few weeks as I said I would when I wrote about Proverbs 3:14. We had mahi mahi, fresh papaya, and I made colcannon to go with our St. Patrick's Day dinner; all foods we had never had before. We did not care for the fresh papaya, but everyone enjoyed the mahi mahi and colcannon.

Now to continue on to Proverbs 31:15-

She riseth also while it is yet night, and giveth meat to her household, and a portion to her maidens.

I like to sleep so this scripture will prove to be a bit more difficult for me to implement, but I will try my best.  To me, this says that a virtuous woman gets up before the day starts to prepare food for her family and those who work for her.  We do not generally hire others to work for us, but this could apply to guests or neighbors as well.  This week , I will try to get up before the rest of my family in order to prepare their breakfast.  I also will be having a friend sit with my kids on Friday night, so I will be sure to make an extra special treat to give her that night.

No comments:

Post a Comment