Saturday, January 7, 2012

A new beginning

When I started this blog a little over 3 years ago, I had a clear vision of where I wanted to go with it.  I started out doing well and writing often.  Then life happened.  We moved several times, sometimes living in difficult situations, and I had some health issues to deal with.  In April of 2009, we purchased our home and the frequent moves became a thing of the past.  The health issues were still an issue and as a result of all the stressors in our lives, my marriage began to suffer terribly, to the point that we briefly separated.  Needless to say, I was not feeling like The Happy Wife and felt like a liar any time I tried to post, even if it was not marriage related.  I am not one that likes to complain, nor am I one who will get in details about issues within my personal relationships on a public forum.  Therefore, it became much easier to focus on reviews and writing less, than it was to actually write real content.  I can tell you that our marriage has improved tremendously, and has been for quite some time, though like any marriage, we do still have stress and disagreements.  We have just discovered ways to communicate better and to deal with the stresses we face in life.  The past few months have brought their own issues with the pregnancy and how I have been feeling.  Add in the holidays and my other obligations, such as homeschooling and just daily care of the family and it left me little time to write.  Now, I am beginning to have more days where I feel better and less on my plate and I am finding myself with more room to write, really write, not just reviews and giveaways (though do not worry, I will still have plenty of both).  I have set up a new schedule for my blog so that I may better focus my daily writing, but I will still not promise I will be able to post every day and there will be days I post more than once, or even twice.  I have not scheduled a review or giveaway day, so they will be posted in addition to what will be the regular post for the day.  Here is the new schedule: 
Spiritual Sunday (post will be based on a scripture or other religious writing)
Making It Monday (will be a craft I have been working on)
Teach Me Tuesday (what we are doing in our homeschool and/or a lesson plan)
Wellness Wednesday (just like ones in the past, about something wellness related)
Top 10 Thursday (will include my goals for the following week, blog posts and giveaways I find)
Feed Me Friday (I will share a recipe I made this week)
See It Saturday (I will feature a shop I have found online that I particularly enjoy)

I do still have a few things to catch up on from December which I am going to try and get done tomorrow, but hopefully, I will be back to "schedule" within this week.  I will still be light on pictures for a bit, and those I do share will not be the best, as I have misplaced my memory card for my camera, but I do plan on having many more pictures as well.

Thank you to all of you who have stuck with me over the past few years.  I truly appreciate all the support you all have given me and I look forward to reconnecting once again with my blog and each of you.

No comments:

Post a Comment