Sunday, November 4, 2012

Book review: Over the Edge

About the book
Seth Kincaid survived a fire in a cave, but he hasn’t been the same since. Then he fought in the Civil
War and returned to Colorado crazier than ever.
Somewhere along the line, it appears Seth got married. Oh, he has a lot of excuses, but his wife isn’t
too happy to find out Seth doesn’t remember her. Callie isn’t a long-suffering woman. When Seth
disappeared, she searched, prayed, and worried. Now she’s come out west to wrangle her long-lost
husband.
Seth is willing to make amends. Callie is more interested in shooting him. Can they rekindle their
love before one of them goes over the edge?

You can also watch the video trailer on YouTube.

My thoughts
Over the Edge is the 3rd installment in the Kincaid Brides Book, but it is the first one I have read.  The Kincaid brothers are cowboys running a ranch left to them by their father.  Their lives are full of adventure and hard work.  Each character in the book is unique and the reader grows to know at least a little about each one of them.  Callie was my favorite character though.  She is tough as nails when it comes to protecting her family, but so tender in the way she cares for her young son and those who are sick, even if she is deeply angry with them.  I think I like her so much because I can relate to her.  I really enjoyed watching her and Seth rekindle their relationship, her, as she learned how to trust him again and he, as he began to remember her and their history together.


My recommendation
This is a great book for those who enjoy romance books, adventure stories, stories of the Old West and/or stories about ranching.


Disclaimer
Thank you to Bethany House and the author for providing me with a copy of Over the Edge in exchange for my review.  My opinion remains my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment