Sunday, August 26, 2012

This week's goals

I have been setting goals each week for myself and trying to ensure that I reach each one.  I have been doing okay, on my own, but I am hoping that by sharing my goals with you, and following up with my progress (or lack there of), I will accomplish more of them.

Here are this week's goals:

1) Make gifts for Cameron's teachers- My son will be starting pre-K next week and I want to send a little gift along for his new teachers.  I know what I want to make and have the supplies, so I just need to do it.  I will post what I make once they are done.

2) De-clutter and organize "my corner". - During my pregnancy, a lot of stuff got piled up on an end table next to "my" seat on the couch.  This goal is being carried over from last week.  I started it, but have a ways to go on it.

3) Finish cleaning out and organizing the medicine cabinets.- This is something I started last week (just as a part of cleaning, not a goal), but did not get finished.

4) Take the kids to the science museum and planetarium.- We bought a membership in May and finally have some time to go.  Plus, we studied astronomy last week, so the planetarium is fitting.

5) Complete 2 lesson plans.- I am trying to get ahead on our homeschool plans.  I have a rough plan of the topics we will study, but I need to pull the actual lessons together.

6) Finish reading Inescapable .- I am reading this for a review I will be posting soon.

7) Read Asher of Bethlehem: The Story of a Young Beggar, His Best Friend, and the Birth of an Extraordinary Child with the kids.- This is another book I am reviewing.

8) Finish reading The Proper Care and Feeding of Husbands.- This is just a book I am reading in my quest to always be the best wife I can be.  I may post a review, but it would be something I would be doing completely on my own.

9) Continue cleaning out my e-mails.- I will not say how many unread e-mails I have, but it will take me a LONG time to get through them.  I know I can just delete them, and I often do mass deletions, but there are some I still want to read, so it is easier said than done.

10) Bake 2 loaves of bread this week.- We are working on eliminating high fructose corn syrup from our diets.  Many breads are made with it, so making it myself is the easiest way to ensure there is none in there.  It is still very convenient and inexpensive to pick a loaf up at the store, so I need to ensure I have some made to avoid that temptation.

What are your goals this week?


No comments:

Post a Comment