Monday, October 15, 2012

UNREAL candy

I am super-excited to share with you a new candy that is available now in stores near you.  Here is some ingredient info about UNREAL candy:
  • Made with real cane sugar, no corn syrup, high fructose or otherwise.  Because they use the real stuff, they can use less of it, allowing their candies to have 30% less sugar than their competitors.
  • More cacao for more chocolate flavor, more than twice as much as leading brands use
  • No artificial preservatives, colors, or flavors (this makes the candy coated chocolates a more fall-like appearance, in that the colors are not as bright as those that are artificially colored)
  • Made with real milk from grass-fed cows that are not treated with artificial hormones or antibiotics.  No genetically modified corn for these cows.
  • More protein and fiber than comparable candies (60% more fiber and 250% more protein)
  • No hydrogenated fats or oils
Another thing that I love about UNREAL candy is that it is available at traditional retail stores, such as Wegmans, CVS, Walgreens, BJs, and many more.  They also do not cost more than other brands.

Ok, so now you know they are better for you, are comparable in cost and are easy to find, but I know your real question is, how do they taste?  Let me tell you, they are GREAT!!!  They are not exactly like the leading brands, but in many ways they are better.  The peanut butter cups are my personal favorite, with a smooth, creamy peanut butter filling instead of a gritty, peanut butter flavored sugar in the middle.  

Want to learn more about the UNREAL™ mission? Check out their new video at http://bit.ly/R7wkuK

I had the opportunity to host an UNREAL party to share their products with my friends and family.  Here are some of the pictures:
This is a trail mix I made with some UNREAL candy coated chocolate.


 My husband's co-workers stopped by on their lunch break and were thrilled to get a goody bag of UNREAL candy to take back with them.

A picture of the goody bags and the candies.  From left to right, Candy Covered Chocolates, Peanut Butter Cups, Chocolate Peanut Caramel Nougat Bar, Chocolate Caramel Nougat Bar and Candy Coated Chocolates with Peanuts.

UNREAL candy is truly a candy that both moms (and dads) and kids can both feel great about.  The vision of UNREAL is not to just sell their candy, but to encourage other manufacturer's to get rid of the junk as well.  I am hoping to see them also move on to other segments of the grocery store.    

You can help to spread the UNREAL mission.  Visit www.getunreal.com/insider-info (user name- UNREAL, password- unjunked).

Disclaimer
I received samples of the products above to share with my guests.  I also received a stipend for hosting the party and sharing this information with you.  As always, my opinion is my own and not influenced by anyone else.   





No comments:

Post a Comment