Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Try It Tuesday (on Wednesday): Mr. Clean Magic Eraser Extra Power

I admit, I never tried the original Mr. Clean Magic Eraser, even though I heard TONS of people raving about it. However, I recently had the opportunity to sample the Mr. Clean Magic Eraser Extra Power and now understand the love for these things.

We are preparing to move in a few weeks and our children have recently decided that walls make for better writing/coloring surfaces than paper. I was not sure how I was going to get the ink/crayon/marker off the walls without destroying the paint, but thought I would give the Magic Eraser a try. I was thrilled when it easily wiped away pencil, crayon and pen ink and with a little bit of elbow grease removed much of the marker as well. The only places I am not having luck is painted wood, like the doors and the permanent marker on the painted wall. If anyone has any suggestions, I would love to hear them.

I was so excited to see how easy this was working that I decided to see what else it would "erase". I went into the kitchen and easily wiped away some recent stains on the counter (not sure what caused them as they magically appeared when my husband was making breakfast), but did not have any luck with the "rust rings" on the sink or the counter. It did wipe away stubborn grease off teh paint near the stove though. It also easily cleaned away the fingerprints from the wall around the lightswitch.

I did not use it in the bathroom, except where there was writing on the wall, but according to the product's website, it will clean through soap scum even on textured showers and tubs.

If there are any of you out there hesitant to use the Magic Eraser due to things you have heard about them, such as containing formaldhyde or causing chemical burns, I have looked into that as well. Snopes.com debunks the formaldehyde rumor and the issue of chemical burns is addressed by urban legends.

As for me, I will be buying more of these as we continue to prepare to move. My husband was equally thrilled with the product and is actually looking forward to helping me clean up the apartment with them in those last few days. All in all, I do recommend this product, at least for those stains/marks that are more difficult to get out.

No comments:

Post a Comment