Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Try-It Tuesday: Pomegranate 7-Up

I absolutely LOVE pomegranates and have been thrilled to see an increase in pomegranate-flavored foods. Unfortunately, many of them do not measure up and I end up disappointed. That was so not the case with the limited time only Pomegranate 7-Up. I tried to find a link so I could share the "official" information with you, but was unable to locate one through 7up.com. I did find another blog though that quotes what looks like "official" information about Pomegranate 7-Up: Junk Food Blog. Here is the information from the bottle itself: caffeine-free, 100% natural flavors (note ingredient list does NOT contain pomegranate though: carbonated water, high fructose corn syrup, citric acid, natural flavors (but WHICH natural flavors?), potassium citrate, potassium benzoate, red 40 and blue 1), Contains NO juice, 100 calories per 1 cup. I also saw a diet version in the store.

As for taste, this is pretty good, not overwhelmingly pomegranate-y, but still has pomegranate flavor. It is also not too sweet nor bitter or sour. The color is a beautiful red, similar to the seeds of a real pomegranate. I am not a big 7-Up fan, but find that this is a delightful balance of flavors. I will be sad to see it go at the end of January:0(

I have heard some people cannot find this in their local stores. I have been finding this in 2L bottles at our local Wegmans stores (western NY) on sale 3/$3.

As for my recommendation, I say try it, especially if you like the pomegranate flavor.

No comments:

Post a Comment