Around the WebThese are things I have come across this week. It does not mean they were originally published this week, just that I found them this week.
- Back in February, Buzzfeed published a piece that shared 31 Impossibly Fun Wedding Ideas. My favorite idea from the list is to honor the grandmothers by having them be your flower girls. I just found it to be an incredibly sweet way to include them in the ceremony. The list has many more unique ideas as well, so be sure to check it out.
- I love the free crochet pattern for this Stars and Stripes scarf from Yarnspirations. I am hoping to make it for my daughter who loves everything patriotic. I am new to crocheting, but the pattern is rated to be fairly easy.
- My new baby loves his muslin blankets, both for swaddling and as a nursing cover. The fabric is breathable so he doesn't sweat like crazy under it, yet it provides me the coverage I want without being see-through. I was excited to find this post from Must Have Mom! (from March) for DIY Cotton Muslin Swadling Blankets tutorial.
- I recently received a nut milk bag from From Kitchen Essentials to review. I am planning on making horchata with mine, so keep an eye out for that post coming soon. In the meantime, An Ordinary Housewife shared how she used the nut milk bag to make almond milk. I love almond milk and have wanted to make my own for a while and now that I have this bag, I have no excuses not to try it.
GiveawaysThese are giveaways I have found and entered. In each case, if you follow the link, I will receive an extra entry into the giveaway. This will not always be the case, but this week it worked out that way.
- Win a Hillshire Farms Naturals product from Nicole's Nickels. Super easy entries, end 9/15/14.
- Easy Green Mom is giving away SpenceBaby organic hoodie and pant set. Easy entries. The giveaway is part of a blog hop, so there are a bunch more baby-themed giveaways listed on her page. Ends 9/15/14.
- You can win DisneyNature Bears on Blu-Ray from The Review Wire. Lots of ways to enter, including a free daily entry. Ends 9/17/14.
- Measuring Flower is hosting a Spa for Ma blog hop and they are giving away a $300 Kohl's gift card. There are links to other giveaways related to pampering mom on the page. Ends 9/15/14.
- The Review Wire is also participating in a giveaway blog hop, this one is for autumn apparel. You can win a Karina dress from them and she also has more links to other participating blogs on the page. Ends 9/23/14.