Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Try It Tuesday: Annie's Bunny Pasta with Yummy Cheese

I am not one who typically purchases boxed macaroni and cheese, but really wanted to get the free subscription to Kiwi magazine that Annie's Homegrown is offering with the purchase of any Annie's product. Annie's Bunny Pasta with Yummy Cheese happened to be on sale at our store, so I bought it.

I really liked that it is made from natural ingredients and is somewhat healthier than traditional boxed macaroni and cheese. My kids loved the bunny shaped pasta, I liked that it was made from organic wheat. As for taste, it was ok. We made it according to the directions which called for mixing the pwdered cheese with milk. The sauce alone tasted great, but by the time we mixed it into the pasta, it tasted watered-down. Next time, I will mix the cheese with milk AND butter or substituting yogurt for the milk.

Some other things to like about this product is the fact that the packaging is made from 100% recycled paper fiber and that the company purchases renewable energy at their facilities.

In the future, I would buy this again, but certainly not on a regular basis. Health-wise, it is better than the competition, but it still is pretty high in sodium (530mg). I also just prefer the taste of homemade.

1 comment:

  1. We really like Annie's products for all the reasons you mentioned. They are a bit healthier than others and they use recycled materials for their packaging. I finally go my ds to eat some Annie's mac and cheese last night for the first time (he does not love cheese at all). We are on a special diet that limits the foods we can eat, so that was a bit step for him.

    Thanks for stopping by my site and entering our giveaway. I have never tried the hot chocolate at Starbucks and Salted Caramel Hot Chocolate sounds really yummy- I think that one goes on my list of drinks to try!! :)


    Jenn W
    One House Schoolroom
    www.waldenschoolroom.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete