Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Try-It Tuesday: Sunsilk Captivating Curls creme

My 6-year old has the potential to have absolutely beautiful curls. Unfortunately, her hair is often so frizzy that the beauty of her curls is lost. We have tried several products to no avail. Until recently, the only time her curls really worked for her was when we lived in Florida and the humidity kept her hair just damp enough to control the frizz. Then we discovered Sunsilk Captivating Curls de-frizz leave-in creme. I did not really want to spend any more money on products for her hair, but I found this on sale and had a coupon so I got it.

It comes in a green squeeze bottle and is part of a multi-product line. You can also get Captivating Curls shampoo or conditioner, and new to the line, scrunching mousse and gel & cream twist. For those with other hair issues, Sunsilk also has other hair care collections: Waves of Envy, Straight to Perfection, Daring Volume, Hydra TLC, Thermashine, Anti-esponja (for big hair that poufs), and Anti-caida (for hair that falls out. There is also a line called Hold Me Forever which is basically a variety of hairsprays. You can get samples of these and a $2 "gift certificate" (coupon) at the Sunsilk website.

Back to the product at hand. The bottle claims to give you soft, well-behaved curls and it lived up to that claim. My daughter has THICK hair and every layer had soft, beautiful curls. The creme is formulated with Aloe-E which contains Aloe Vera, Algae Extract, and Vitamin E, which helps hydrate the hair. The directions call for a nickel-sized amount (for medium length hair) of the creme to be applied to towel-dried hair and worked through. While, the bottle says to use after using the Captivating Curls shampoo and conditioner, but we had not purchased those and were still plenty pleased with the results. Of course, since we were so pleased with the creme, I will probably buy the shampoo and conditioner in the future as well. Overall, we were very pleased with Sunsilk Captivating Curls leave-in creme and I believe my search for the perfect curl-taming product is over. I wish I was able to post pictures just to show how wonderfully this product worked, but I am unable to at this time. I will try to post a picture soon though.

For those of you who may have color-treated hair, the bottle does state that it is safe for you to use. The Sunsilk line is a product of Unilever brand, which also makes such products as Vaseline, Slim Fast, Dove, Pond's, Hellmann's, and many more. I also want to make a note that for this product and all of the products I have reviewed so far, I have not received payment in any form, or products from the companies. These are unbiased opinions that I am simply sharing. If the time ever does come that I am offered payment or even just given a product to review, that information will be disclosed in the review.

No comments:

Post a Comment