Sunday, January 30, 2011

Scripture Sundays, Proverbs 31:13

This week's scripture is Proverbs 31:13
 She seeketh wool, and flax, and worketh
willingly with her hands.

This tells me that a virtuous woman looks for good materials and does her work willingly, without complaint.  This week I plan to have a more cheerful attitude when doing my work around the house.  I am not sure how I plan to implement seeking good materials any differently than I already do, but because wool and flax are not typically useful in their original form, I believe this implies that the materials will be used to make things for the home.  I plan on working on my knitting this week, hopefully learning at least one new stitch this week.  

Over the past two weeks, as I have begun to implement these changes, I have had a change in attitude toward my husband.  This is not to say that I have not always done these things, but I have not done them consciously.  As I have thought more about my husband on a daily basis, I am finding that I appreciate him more than ever.  Our marriage is far from perfect, but so am I and I am enjoying the changes I am seeing in both myself and my husband. 

No comments:

Post a Comment