Sunday, January 23, 2011

Scripture Sundays, Proverbs 31:12

Last week I began my study and application of Proverbs 31:10-31.  I continue this week with verse 12:
She will do him good and not evil 
all the days of her life.

This verse, like many of the ones in this section, is pretty straight forward.  It tells me that a virtuous woman will treat her husband well every day and not do anything bad to him.  I do not struggle so much with treating my husband bad, but I there are times where I struggle with treating my husband well, especially on days when I may be feeling frustrated with him.  So this week I plan to work on:

- I will try to do at least one thing each day to let my husband know that I love him.  On the days when I may be frustrated with him, I will do two good things for him.  This will be in addition to the everyday things I do anyway (cooking, cleaning, etc).

What are some of the ways you "do good" for your husband each day? 
 

2 comments:

  1. This is neat that you do this! My thing is that I like to surprise him by doing something unexpected...cleaning or making something for him so that he doesn't have to!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been inspired by you and have been working on making my husband's lunches for him. I had fallen into the habit of letting him worry about himself and his appreciation for this small act of service has been really nice. I'm planning on continuing to look for ways to serve him.

    Cynthia
    LDSMOMS

    ReplyDelete