Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Simple Changes

 I am not a fan of resolutions because resolutions often get broken and forgotten.  However, I do like the idea of making simple changes in my life that help bring me closer to my goals.  In past years, I have tried to implement several changes all at once to cover a wide range of areas in my life (marriage, housework, diet, etc), but this year, I am going to choose to focus on 2-3 changes at a time.  I will still cover all the same areas, just not all at once.  I think this will be much more manageable.  So here are my changes for this year:

Financial:  We paid off all our credit cards last tax season and I could not feel better about that.  I want to continue to reduce our debt by paying off my student loan this year.  My current payments are $50 a month and I am planning to pay at least double that each month.  In order to do this, I need to increase my personal income so my current goal is to research various ways to do that.

Marriage:  While I try to stay happy all the time, my marriage is not perfect.  I realize however, that I cannot change my husband so I am working on accepting him as he is.

Health:  It is my long-term goal to lose quite a bit of weight.  My current goal is to increase the amount of fruits and vegetables I am eating each day and to fit some form of exercise in at least 5 days a week.

Spiritual:  I want to work on including personal scripture study in my daily life.  I will start by reading for 10 minutes every day.

Blogging: I have been pretty irregular in my blogging over the past few years.  My goal for this year is to get back to a blogging schedule and to start by blogging at least 3 times a week.

Children:  It is my goal to get back to parent/child date nights once a month so that we can build stronger personal relationships with our kids.


I am sure other goals will come to mind throughout the year, but these are the important ones to me right now.  It is my plan to work on the health and the blogging one right now and to fit the others in as I feel I can.  Happiness does not happen overnight and I expect these few simple goals will take some time as well.  I am up for the challenge though and look forward to what this year will bring me.  How about you?  What changes are you planning this year?


***Disclosure***
I wrote this blog post while participating in the SocialMoms and Simply Orange® blogging program. If I am one of the first 65 blogs received by SocialsMoms, I will receive a $25 Target gift card and a gift pack that includes a Simply Orange® cooler bag and logoed fleece.

No comments:

Post a Comment