Sunday, August 10, 2008

Simply Sunday: Rain

I am still trying to figure out exactly how I want my Sunday posts to work, but for this week I plan to just write about the simple beauty of rain. Rain is one of those things that we love and we hate. It can ruin our plans, yet we need it for growth. Today, the rain ruined our plans to walk up to a local arts festival, but instead, I got to stay home and bake with my daughters. I look at it as a win either way. We also have been able to enjoy the sight of several rainbows over the past few days, something that we would not have had without the rain. On hot, humid days, a rainstorm feels wonderful and watching it bring life back to parched land is amazing. So whether it be a drizzle or big, fat raindrops, instead of griping about my ruined plans, I try to remind myself of the beauty that lies within the rain.

No comments:

Post a Comment