Friday, October 24, 2008

I have been tagged!

I have been tagged by Brandy at Savin' Some
Check out her blog for trips on living frugally and enjoying it.

And now for the rules:

1. To link the tagger and provide the rules on your blog.

2. Share 7 facts about yourself.

3. Tag 7 people at the end of your post by leaving names as well as links to their blogs.

4. Let them know they've been tagged by leaving a comment on their blogs.


7 facts about me

1. When I got married I could barely boil water, but I have spent the past 9 years learning how to improve my skills and cooking has become a favorite hobby of mine.

2. I went to school to study nutrition.

3. I grew up the oldest of 4 kids, but my mom had another baby when I was 20, so I am really the oldest of 5 kids.

4. I am a homeschooler and have another blog where I post my unit studies that I put together, creatively named Homeschool Unit Studies.

5. I am a recovering packrat. I am learning how to part with my belongings and to live with less "stuff"

6. I am a Peer Counselor for the WIC breastfeeding program.

7. Once upon a time, I wanted 12 kids. Honestly, I still do, but unfortunately, finances limit us to the 4 we have.

Blogs I have tagged:

Frugal Mommy of 2 Girls - Karen always has lots of giveaways and some great money-saving deals!

Hannah and Abs over at Safely Gathered In share the hows and whys of food storage and emergency preparedness.

NerdMom over at Making Money, Keeping Money posts a TON of contests every Monday from around the blogosphere and also has other coupons and deals she finds throughout the week.

Linda at Linda's Bees shares her adventures in beekeeping. I first got interested in beekeeping after reading about Martha Stewart's beehives a few years ago. When we finally buy a house and some land, I plan to venture down the beekeeping road as well. Also, Linda was recently chosen by Blogger as a Blog of Note. Congrats, Linda!

Cindy at My Recycled Bags shares her creative craft ideas that use items that often would end up in the trash. My favorite is the tutorial for Plarn, yarn made from plastic, grocery store bags. She also has a section where she chronicles her journey through the diagnosis and treatment of breast cancer. She recently (10/13) finished her radiation treatments and I wish her nothing but the best as she continues on her road to recovery.

Amy at Let's Explore has lots of cute, seasonal, child-friendly craft ideas. The blog is designed for pre-schoolers, but many of the ideas can be adapted for older children as well.

Abby at i pick up pennies shares frugal ways to live life comfortably. She is a saver married to a spender and blogs about how they compromise and save money as they work to pay down debt.

These are some of my favorite blogs, so be sure to check them out.

1 comment:

  1. Found your blog today! Love it! I am a mother of 3 and a homeschool mom to 2. Hope you come by for a visit.

    Much Love
    Anissa

    ReplyDelete